At WayAhead, we work every day to educate people on mental health and wellbeing and link them to services and resources that improve their mental health throughout New South Wales.
Our vision is for a society that understands, values and actively supports the best possible mental health and wellbeing.
We live out our purpose and vision through a range of public engagement programs which include;
- The co-ordination of mental health promotion activities such as Mental Health Month NSW, WayAhead Workplaces and Perinatal Depression and Anxiety Awareness Week
- Free anxiety support groups throughout NSW
- The provision of mental health information – the WayAhead Directory, Mental Health Factsheets
- Education seminars such as or Understanding Anxiety Forums and Professional Development Workshops – for people living with a mental health condition, the public and health care professionals
- Small Steps workshops for parents and school teachers to raise awareness and improve recognition of anxiety disorders in children.
With the support of our Board, staff, members, volunteers and students, we strive towards a community that embraces and maintains the best possible mental health and wellbeing for all people and we work towards a society free from prejudice and discrimination against people living with mental illness.
Our programs are funded by the Mental Health Commission of New South Wales, other agencies, private donations and bequests. You can find out more about our important supporters and sponsors here.
We are a non-government, community-based organisation and registered charity with QIC accreditation. QIC accreditation certifies that WayAhead has met the relevant standards and is participating in the QIC Program to build continuous quality improvement within the organisation.
To find out more about our work during the last 12 months download our Annual Report.