The prevalence of mental health related issues has risen steeply among young Australians. Nearly one in four teens meet the criteria for probable mental illness and suicide rates in youths are at their highest level in ten years. Schools are confronted with an increase in the volume of students presenting with anxiety and depression and are observing the emergence of this in younger age groups. The Boosting Mental Health & Well-being in Schools conference is about developing and supporting whole school approaches to improve mental health and wellbeing through proactive initiatives and evidence-based programs.
Benefits of attending:
– Establish the foundations to support a wellbeing framework
– Upskill staff to respond to mental health concerns
– Deliver evidence-based programs
– Strengthen whole school approaches
– Improve parental engagement
– Access and utilise community mental health resources
Who will attend?
– Junior & Senior School representatives who are:
– Deputy Principals
– Heads of School
– Heads of Wellbeing
– Director of Pastoral Care
– School Counsellors/ Psychologists
– Year Advisors