- This event has passed.
Supporting Someone who is Suicidal: Mental Health Month 2021 Online Seminar and Q&A
October 13, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFREE
This is a pre-recorded session hosted in real time by a mental health clinician from South East Sydney Local Health District and a peer support worker with lived experience of suicidal distress. The session was recorded for the Be Kind to Your Mind Series for Mental Health Month in October 2020 by Georges River Council in NSW. Streamed again today with thanks.
The session will include a welcome and introduction, viewing the pre-recorded session, and then discussion with the facilitators about any further questions that may come up for you. Information about the SafeHaven Suicide Support Service will also be provided.
What participants will learn from the session
- The prevalence of suicide within Australia and NSW.
- Risk factors of suicidal thinking and suicide.
- Myths and Facts about suicide.
- Tips on how to identify when someone may be feeling suicidal.
- Strategies to support communicating with someone who may be feeling suicidal.
- Who to go to for support and resources available to help.