October 12, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm| Free
What is anxiety? This program builds understanding of anxiety and how it impacts on individuals, their carers and families. The program also explores recovery, self-management strategies and other techniques that provide practical assistance to those living with anxiety.
By the end of this workshop, students will have achieved the following learning objectives:
- Describe the 6 main types of anxiety disorders and how common they are
- Define and describe the signs and symptoms of anxiety
- Explain the Biological, Social and Psychological causes of anxiety disorders
- Describe the common treatments for anxiety and their effectiveness and problems.
- Use the CHIME model to look at things they could do to help the recovery process
- Identify some of the actions and language that are helpful to people with anxiety
Western Sydney Recovery College is a One Door Mental Health service made possible by funding from the Western Sydney Primary Health Network. Workshops are open to anyone with interest in mental health (consumers, carers, mental health and community workers, community members). Workshops are free and available to anyone who lives or works in the Western Sydney Local Health District area. More about eligibility. Other Workshops & Programs. Calendar view.