Understanding Depression (Arabic)
October 27 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm| Free
What is depression? This program builds understanding of depression and how it impacts on individuals, their carers and families. The program also explores recovery, coping strategies and self-management techniques.
By the end of this workshop, students will have achieved the following learning objectives:
- Explain how serious and common depression is
- Identify the signs and symptoms of depression
- Explain factors that make an individual at risk of depression
- Describe common treatments for depression
- Identify self care techniques and barriers
- Identify and use helpful recovery processes to support someone with depression
This workshop will be delivered in Arabic in Term 4 2022 by two bilingual educators.
Western Sydney Recovery College is a One Door Mental Health service made possible by funding from the Western Sydney Primary Health Network. Workshops are open to anyone with interest in mental health (consumers, carers, mental health and community workers, community members). Workshops are free and available to anyone who lives or works in the Western Sydney Local Health District area. More about eligibility. Other Workshops & Programs. Calendar view.