Our Mental health Month Grants have closed for 2021
What are small grants?
Each year a number of small grants are offered to assist the staging of mental health promotion activities or events during October’s Mental Health Month.
What grants are available?
There are five categories of grants available –
General grants are for projects focusing on any part of the community.
Youth grants are for projects focusing specifically on projects for young people.
Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) grants
CALD grants are for projects focusing specifically on Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Grants
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander grants are for projects focusing specifically on Indigenous communities.
LGBTIQA+ grants are for projects focusing specifically on the LGBTIQA+ communities.
- Organisations must have an ABN or be supported by an organisation with an ABN, and be undertaking the project in NSW.
- The planned activity must occur during Mental Health Month in October, promote positive mental health in the community and tie in with the theme for Mental Health Month 2021.
- Organisations or community groups wishing to submit a grant application can apply in only one category.
- Funds are not available for the self-promotion of for-profit organisations.
- Funds are not available for work that an organisation is already funded to undertake
What do the judges look for?
Projects which are especially creative or innovative; Applications from small, community-led organisations or groups; Projects which respond to the needs of their local/target community; Projects which have a clear mental health focus; Projects with a strong link to the Mental Health Month theme (“Tune In”)
Our Starter Kit provides all the information you need to develop your event/program, and includes details of what sorts of things the judges will be looking for.
Reading the Starter Kit is a great first-step for your grant application.
How do I apply?
Click here to be taken to the Small Grant application page
We also have example grant templates available to help you with writing a grant application.
All grant applications must be submitted via web form.
If you are unable to do so, please email email@example.com as soon as possible.
You will receive confirmation of receipt of your application.
Please do not post or fax entries.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
Enquiries about the small grants program can be directed to: