At WayAhead, we work every day to educate people throughout New South Wales on mental health and wellbeing and link them to services and resources that improve their mental health.
Our vision is for a society that understands, values and actively supports the best possible mental health and wellbeing.
How we work for better mental health
We work towards better mental health and wellbeing through:
- The co-ordination of mental health promotion activities such as Mental Health Month NSW, WayAhead Workplaces, Perinatal Depression and Anxiety Awareness Week and Stress Less Tips
- Free anxiety support groups throughout NSW
- The provision of mental health information – the WayAhead Directory, mental health factsheets
- Education seminars such as or Understanding Anxiety Forums and Professional Development Workshops – for people living with a mental health condition, the public and health care professionals
- Small Steps workshops for parents and school teachers to raise awareness and improve recognition of anxiety disorders in children.