What are small grants?
Each year a number of small grants are offered to assist the staging of mental health promotion activities or events during October's Mental Health Month.
What grants are available?
There are five categories of grants available -
General grants are for projects focusing on any part of the community.
For the first time, we have a 'Youth' category for projects focusing specifically on the youth population aged 14- 24 years.
CALD grants are for projects focusing specifically on Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities.
Aboriginal grants are for projects focusing specifically on Indigenous communities.
LGBTI grants are for projects focusing specifically on, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI) communities.
- Organisations must have an ABN or be supported by an organisation with an ABN, and be undertaking the project in NSW.
- The planned activity must occur during Mental Health Month in October, promote positive mental health in the community and tie in with the theme for Mental Health Month 2018.
- Organisations or community groups wishing to submit a grant application can apply in only one category.
- Funds are not available for the self-promotion of for-profit organisations.
- Funds are not available for work that an organisation is already funded to undertake
What do the judges look for?
Judges welcome applications that are particularly creative, innovative and that connect well with the theme. The judges also look for applications that are put forward by organisations that have not received small grant funding in recent years. Judges also look for projects that work as partnerships between organisations, particularly partnerships between mental health organisations and non-mental health organisations.
How do I apply?
You can download a small grant application in the category you wish to apply for.
They will be available HERE in mid May.
We also have example grant templates available to help you with writing a grant application (also coming mid May).
All grant applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the specified date
You will receive confirmation of receipt of your application.
Please do not post or fax entries.
Application Example Template
Need some help with writing the grant application?
We will provide some application example templates to assist for each category.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
Enquiries about the small grants program can be directed to: